The Regina Sports & Physiotherapy Clinic is seeking a full-time Kinesiologist to fill a permanent position with the multi disciplinary team. As a Kinesiologist at RSPC you will have the opportunity to work in a team with psychologists, physiotherapists, physicians, surgeons, and chiropractors to assist individuals to return to work and everyday activities. The majority of the workload is at the secondary/tertiary level and funded by third-party insurers.
The successful candidate will fill the following roles:
- Administer fitness assessments and design exercise programs accordingly
- Educate clients on pain and the physiological responses to exercise
- Help clients initiate and maintain healthy behaviours
- Perform Functional Abilities Evaluations (FAE’s) and design work hardening programs to mimic a variety of different jobs
- Guide and supervise clients as they complete their exercise and work hardening programs
- Prepare reports for insurers to update them on client progress
The successful candidate will have obtained their Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) certification from the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) and have eighteen months work experience since obtaining his/her Kinesiology degree. Preference will be given to candidates who have post-graduate training in functional capacity evaluations (FCEs) and experience working in a multidisciplinary rehabilitation program. Applicants who do not possess these two competencies should not be deterred from applying as RSPC can provide appropriate training and mentorship to the ideal candidate.
The RSPC advantage:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full-time work from Monday to Friday
- Financial support for ongoing professional development
- Dedicated team of support staff
- Ongoing opportunities for inter-disciplinary education
If interested, email cover letter and resume to Richard. [email protected] Your confidentiality will be ensured.
This job post will remain active until a suitable candidate is found.